WHLT 22 is partnering with the Marine Corps League to collect items for Hurricane Harvey victims.
Below is a list of donations that they are asking for at this time:
- Food: bottled water, pop-top non-perishable cans
- Baby items: diapers, formula (powder), baby wipes, baby bottles
- Cleaning supplies: mops, bleach, buckets, bottled cleaning wipes, brooms, cleaning rags, Lysol, paper towels, large black construction grade bags
- Household items: hand soap, toiletries, towels, antiseptic spray/ointment
They are asking for people to avoid unsolicited goods such as used clothing, miscellaneous household items, medicine, or perishable foodstuffs at this time. They said when these items are donated, it takes staff away from helping with the urgent needs of disaster victims.
You can drop off items at the Marine Corps League building at 5173 West 4th Street. Below is a list of times
- Tuesday, September 5-Friday, September 8, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, September 9, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Or at the WHLT 22 office located at 5912 Highway 49, Suite A (Cloverleaf Mall Building)
- Thursday & Friday from 9am-4pm
On September 11, the collected items will be dispersed in Texas by the Marine Corps League.