Electric shock sends man to hospital in Jones County

Photo courtesy of Jones County Fire Council

JONES COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) — Jones County fire officials said one person is suffering from life-threatening injuries after being electrocuted Friday afternoon.

It happened at Pitts Swabbing Service on Highway 84 East.

The  Jones County Fire Council said the man was on an oil derrick when part of the vehicle came in contact with a high voltage electrical transmission line.

Officials said he touched a cable on the truck and it shocked him. Several agencies responded to the scene.

We’re told he sustained significant burns. The was taken to the hospital.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s