HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) — Due to the possibility of severe weather, some school districts are dismissing early Tuesday, February 2, 2016.
Below is a list:
- Covington County after school activities have been canceled.
- Forrest County School District will release one hour early this afternoon.
- Jeff Davis County School District will release elementary schools at 1:45 p.m. and car riders at both schools will be released at 1:30 p.m.; High school students will be released at 2 p.m. All after school activities have been postponed.
- Jones County Schools will dismiss at 2 p.m.
- Lamar County School District: Oak Grove schools will release early by one hour. (Purvis, Sumrall, Baxterville will follow their normal release times.) All after school and evening school activities are canceled for the district.
- Laurel City Schools will dismiss at 2 p.m.
- Laurel Christian School will dismiss at 2 p.m
- Petal School District will dismiss at 12:30 p.m. for K-6. For grades 7-12, classes will dismiss at 2 p.m.
- Pine Belt Education Center – Adult Education Classes are cancelled