JACKSON, Miss – The Mississippi Department of Transportation began displaying travel time messages on its Dynamic Message Signs in Hattiesburg.
According to MDOT, The messages inform drivers of the current travel time from the Dynamic Message Sign to the destination displayed within message. Motorists can use the information displayed to help in determining a route and assist them in reaching their destinations with minimal delay.
Additionally, the Dynamic Message Signs will provide information on road construction, accidents, weather warning, and amber alerts.
Travel times will be displayed in the following Hattiesburg locations through DMS:
• US 49 Southbound approaching I-59 in North Hattiesburg
• I-59 Southbound approaching US 49 in North Hattiesburg
• US 98 Westbound approaching US 49 in South Hattiesburg
• US 49 Northbound approaching US 98 in South Hattiesburg
• US 98 Eastbound approaching US 49 in South Hattiesburg
• I-59 Northbound approaching US 98 in South Hattiesburg